The wonderful world of the e-cigarette has a lot of technical terms that, especially if you are new, can make your ears ring. We hope to provide some clarity with this glossary.
- a USB power adapter that is used to allow you to connect a USB cable to a wall socket to recharge your e-cigarette.
- Airflow Control
- With the Airflow Control you can adjust the amount of air passing through your clearomizer. If you open the Airflow completely, the vapor will be cooler and easier to drag. If you close the Airflow more, the taste is fuller and warmer but there is also less vapor.
- Also known as the coil, is a spiral-shaped filament with wick material. A battery supplies voltage to the filament, causing it to become hot and evaporate the absorbed e-liquid in the wick.
- Atomizer Base
- Part of the clearomizer, also the part where the atomizer (coil) is screwed into.
- The main component to make e-liquids yourself, consisting of PG/VG and optionally can also contain nicotine.
- Battery capacity
- This indicates the size of a battery, is expressed in milliamps (mAh). The higher the number, the longer your battery will last.
- Bottom Coil. A coil where the filament is positioned at the bottom of the clearomizer.
- A boxmod is a somewhat more advanced e-cigarette, usually in the shape of a box. MOD stands for modified because this type of e-cigarette often has different settings/options.
- Bypass is a mode on boxmods where the voltage from the battery is sent directly to the coil. You basically create a so-called Mechmod mode. Only use if you know what you are doing!
- Also known as an atomizer, is a spiral-shaped filament with wick material. A battery supplies voltage to the filament, causing it to become hot and evaporate the absorbed e-liquid in the wick.
- A type of coil where not 1 but 2 filaments are used. These filaments are wrapped around each other so they have a larger contact surface and can therefore produce more vapor.
- The tank of the e-cigarette in which the e-liquid is kept. The coil is also located in the clearomizer.
- A type of tank where the coil is already built in and must be replaced in its entirety after wear. Can be found on our Le Cube and La Carte, for example.
- Abbreviation for Do It Yourself. More experienced vapers, for example, could make their own coils and e-liquids.
- Direct-Lung, a method of vaping where the user inhales the vapor directly into the lungs, without first holding the vapor in the mouth.
- Drip Tip
- The mouthpiece of a clearomizer. Often Drip Tips are removable and available in different colours, sizes and materials.
- The burnt taste that happens when a coil is finished, your coil is dry or did not have time to soak up the e-liquid.
- Dual Coil
- A coil with 2 filaments instead of 1.
- The liquid that is used to fill your e-cigarette. E-liquids are available in different flavours, PG/VG ratio’s and nicotine levels.
- The software used in, for example, more advanced e-cigarettes such as boxmods. On some models, the firmware can be updated to have the latest functionalities.
- Light emitting diode, is used for all the lights that are on an e-cigarette, is also used for screen lighting.
- Milliampere, indicates the battery capacity. The higher the mAh, the larger the battery and the longer you can keep vaping with your battery before it needs to be recharged.
- Mouth-To-Lung, manner of vaping similar to smoking a regular cigarette where the user collects the vapor into their mouths before inhaling it.
- Organic LED, a type of LED with high resolution. Used in, for example, the screens of some e-cigarettes.
- Pass-through technology
- >Technology that ensures that a battery can continue to be used while charging.
- Propylene Glycol, one of the main components of e-liquids. It carries flavour aromas and generates vapor when heated.
- A coil with a resistance higher than 1.0 ohm. Is generally used in clearomizers suitable for MTL.
- Rebuildable Dripper Atomizer, a dripper where the atomizer (coil) can be built by the user with use of filament.
- Rebuildable Tank Atomizer, a clearomizer where you can build and wick the coils yourself.
- A coil with a resistance lower than 1.0 ohm. This results in more vapor and larger clouds.
- Temperature Control (TC)
- With Temperature control the user can customize and set at what temperature the coil evaporates the e-liquid.
- Throat hit
- The stimulus on the throat that happens while taking a puff.
- In top-fill systems the clearomizer is easy to fill from the top.
- Term used for 'smoking' an e-cigarette.
- Variable Voltage (VV)/Variable Wattage (VW)
- A battery with an adjustable voltage/wattage can be raised or lowered by the user. The higher the VV or VW, the more vapor the coil produces.
- Vegetable Glycerin. One of the main components of e-liquids. It carries flavour aromas and generates vapor when heated.
- The material used to make the wick in the coil. Most commonly cotton is used for this.